John J. Patout Jr.
John J. Patout Jr. (“Jay”) is a partner in the litigation section of Patout & Shaw, PLLC. His primary practice areas are construction law, complex business litigation, commercial law, and real estate/development. Mr. Patout’s experience ranges from Fortune ranked companies and small to mid-sized businesses to various individual legal issues. While in law school Mr. Patout was Order of the Lytae, Magister for Phi Delta Phi Honors Fraternity, President of the Oil and Gas Law Society, President of the Environmental Law Society, and Editor of the Corporate Counsel Review. Additionally, Mr. Patout also made the Dean’s List each semester he attended.
- Porter Hedges LLP, Associate Attorney, Construction and General Business Litigation
- Hon. Judge Ken Wise, 334th District Court, Law Clerk
- Hon. Judge David Hittner, United States District Court, Law Clerk
- Germer Gertz, Law Clerk, Insurance and Personal Injury Litigation
Prior to attending law school Mr. Patout was was an accountant whose practice involved individual, corporate, and fiduciary tax returns, as well as, governmental audit procedures.
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Fort Bend County Bar Association
- Construction Law Section of the Texas Bar Association
- Construction Law Section of the Houston Bar Association
- Real Estate Law Section of the Texas Bar Association